Adopted at the June 14, 2013 Plenary Session.
Administrative Record in Informal Rulemaking
Project Stages:1. Gather ideas - Completed
2. Select ideas - Completed
3. Council approval - Completed
4. Picking a researcher - Completed
5. Committee consideration - Completed
6. Back to the council - Completed
7. Consideration by the full conference - Completed
8. Implementation - Current
The Administrative Record in Informal Rulemaking project addressed agency recordkeeping in the limited context of informal rulemaking. The recommendation was developed by the Committee on Judicial review based on an empirical study of agencies’ current practices, supported by a questionnaire and a review of existing agency guidance and policies.